Monday, September 22, 2014

Getting to know me Blog Hop

Hi blog friends,

I've been asked to participate in a unique blog hop by my friend and  super talented co-design team teammate at Stamp 'n Boomer Cheri Weston.

The purpose of the hop is to introduce you to me and what makes my creative world tick.  Cheri's post will blow you away when you see what she created, she is very talented!!

The best part about this hop is that I get to introduce you to two of my blogging buds  that are incredibly talented crafting friends who will post their own "Getting to Know Me" blogs next week.  You will read more about that later in the post.  

There are a series of questions I've been asked to answer in order for you to get to know me better.  So here we go!
   What am I working on?
I still work outside the home at a Training Center for special needs adults.  I have been there for 33 years and do plan on retiring in Feb,  I run the craft room so I am always creating both at work and at home.
At home, I am working on cards for a new release with Heartfelt Creations, it will be out the second Wednesday of October.  You won't want to miss that release, like all of their Stamp Collection, it's a beauty!!! I'm also reading and getting use to being on the Color challenge Group at Outlawz, I'm happy to be joining the Design Team and hope you all will come by and join us. 

How does my work differ from others of it's genre?
 
I am not sure if my work differs from others.  I love 5 x 7 cards and or different folds.

I try not to compare my work with others -  I just want to make my work better than the last one I made. I love making flowers ,creating 3D projects and Glitter!!
 

 
Why do I create what I do?
When I am really tired and want to just kick back, I love going into my craft room and creating a card.  It's so relaxing and I just get lost in it and before I know it, I'm not tired any more. I also love reading the comments people leave about my cards...

How does my creative process work?
I usually start with a stamp that I want to work with, then I pick my colors, paper, sketch etc.  I do keep a file on my computer with lots of sketches, card folds, color chart and such to help me! If that doesn't help there is always Pinterest LOL.



Do I have a favorite tool that I can't live without?
Die Cut machines, I love dies and have something on my cards  that I have cut out.  I have 3, the Big Shot, Grand Calibur and e-Bosser. I have RA and when my hands hurt, I use the e-Bosser, if it's a little something, I pull out the Big Shot, for all others, it's the Grand Calibur.


I hope this information has helped you get to know me better.  I'm always open to questions.  If you leave one in the comment area, please be sure to leave your email address so I can get back to you.  Otherwise, you can email me through blogger.   Now, I'd like to introduce you to my two awesome crafting friends.  They will be posting their "Getting to Know Me Blog Hop" next Monday, September 29th.  I hope you'll visit them and leave them some love.

 Linda Payne
I first got to know Linda over at Stamp TV, I have always admired and loved her creations.  Then one weekend several of us planned to meet at a Stamp Show in Winston Salem NC, she is even more special in person!!! I remember us standing in Heartfelt Creations Booth hours trying to decide which stamps to buy because we wanted them all!  A few months later we were on the design team together.  We have since met several times and I consider her one of my dearest and sweetest friends. 
 
Penny Odell 
I first met Penny at Heartfelt Creations Design Team. She is very talented and never fails to amaze everyone with her talent. We also serve on the Outlaws Color Challenge Design Team together. No mater what the question she is always there to help and lend a helping hand anyway she can, I am very proud to call her a friend.

  You'll get to know both of these ladies much better next week.  So make a note to visit their blogs next Monday or better yet, you can sign up for an email notice when they post on their blogs.  

1 comment:

TesaB said...

What a fun hop! Loved reading about you and your creative process! :)