Sunday, January 24, 2010

One Sunday Afternoon


I know, I know, I said no more scene cards for awhile BUT.....
I got my Stampscape stamps in the mail yesterday so....I had to ink em up, or at least some of them LOL. While making this one I thought of Nina May's image Sunday Afternoon. You can purchase this image at PCC. I love this image and have made several cards with it, so after I finished my scene, I printed her out, colored her in, cut her out and would you look! I am so pleased with this. The base of the card is Gina K. Pure Luxury, then some glossy paper for the scene. I brushed the sky and stamped all of images of the scene using stampin up inks and/or markers. The stamps I used are Tree Trunk 087F, Crooked Path 146F, can't remember the name of the cabin stamp, but I masked the water part of to just get the cabin and trees, added a few more twigs and limbs here and there. Using an Art Impressions flower stamp I added color to the field here and there. Hope you like my scene card. This one was really fun to make. Thanks for taking time to drop by and look. Have a wonderful day!!

17 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Glad you made another one!! She reminds me of the line in a song -- "to grandmother's house we go'. Oh wait, that's a winter scene. NEver mind, she's still on her way to grandma's house!! Fabulous card!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Yes I agree a fabulous card Olga - love that image too!

Larisa said...

I love this scene card a lot. It is like a real painting. I wish I could to make the same beauty one day ))) Olga you are so much talented with colors )))

Cheryl said...

Oh my Olga, I don't blame you! I'd have to ink 'em up right away too....GORGEOUS scenery!!

Colleen said...

Olga,
This is just beautiful!
Where are you purchasing your stamps from?

The Other Patti Sue said...

Scenes are your thing GF! I love how you incorporated Nina's image!This is way over the top and down the other side gorgeous!

Carol said...

Okay, this is just gorgeous! I'm ready for a tutorial......maybe you could just chet over to Idaho and give us one!!! LOVELY CARD!!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

girl, scenes are your calling!!! this is gorgeous...an absolute work of art!!! you can frame it!!! and now my credit card is crying because after this post I'm headed over to Stampscapes!!! I echo Carol...we need some toots from you now...Oh Queen of the Scene!!

The Archiving Angel said...

Hi Odamae~ love this beautiful creation!
That image is just lovely but you did with it just makes it fantastic.
As always a stunning job & you are the Queen of the Scenes!
Take care & keep posting your lovelies!
Happy Crafting!
Sonia

redwasher1 said...

I think you should keep on doing these gorgeous scenes! You are really rock-in them!!

Selma said...

I just saw this over on STV. Oh my gosh Olga. This is just amazing. This one really needs to go into a frame. I'll be over for some lessons!!!!! I hope Nina sees this!

Sue said...

All I can say is WOW! Absolutely Gorgeous Olga!

Theresa's Studio said...

Very nice scene....quite the artist.

Nina said...

OLGA!! OMG! certainly a piece of art work going on here!! This would certianly look so lovely matted and under a glass and framed out. It is just beautiful!! I love this image and you seem to as well, I have yet time to play with her, but you have done her beautifully every time I have seen her used, but this one... breath taking! Those scenery stamps are soo lovely as well!! Thanks for sharing and using my images!

Wordbird said...

OLGA...You absolutely HAVE to keep making scene cards!! I love them...this one is esp. sweet! LOL :D Diana Q

CraftieConnie said...

This is drop dead delightful!
What beautiful work Olga!

Kelly said...

GORGEOUS! You did a fabulous job coloring!